Wednesday, October 5, 2011

See Fish Finish

By Marci

My days with four little kids lend themselves to very few finished projects. Even dishes, laundry, and cleaning up anything seem to blend from one meal, load, or spill to another.

However, this week I actually finished two projects! One, because Big D, my two-year-old son, poured water all over an already-ancient chair cushion;
(before)

(after)


and another, because my neighbors were moving, and so I had a true deadline.


One lesson I've learned as far as feeling like I'm making progress is to combine or alternate small projects with large ones. The chair = 2 hours (should have been 1 hour, but I'm such a sissy with the staple gun). The quilt = 20+ hours.

If only I, like Big D, could master the art of finishing something before it has even happened!  As we were gathering up books to return to the library one day, he said, "Mom, you can take this one--I already read it tomorrow."

What fun (or not so fun) projects have you finished recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment