Thursday, October 27, 2011

SEE FISH DREAM...

By Stefanie

Ever since having watched the movie Food, Inc. I have dreamed of having a self-sustainable farm. For those of you who have not seen the movie, please watch it. It's so important to understand where most of the food you are eating comes from, how adulterated it is, and the scandalous people and big companies that are behind it. Anyway, there is a guy in the film who owns a self-sustaining farm in Virginia called Polyface Farms. The man just "gets it." He can see the corruption of our food, our animals, our land and he does something about it. He even offers apprenticeships for those wanting to learn how to farm in a much more ethical, moral way. I wish he lived closer...

But there are people around us that are trying to do the same. We need to support our local farmers, especially when they are trying to farm organically. We need to buy organic food whenever possible--not just because it is the best for our bodies, but because it shows support of people who are trying to do things a better way.

I recently learned of another farm in Overton, Nevada. What happened to them this month was unbelievable! I encourage you to check out this link and read their story. It will make you wonder if the time is coming when we will be so controlled that we won't have the freedom to grow our own food and share it with our neighbors. Let's stand up for whatever is right, however we can, and protect our freedom.

I'm still dreaming of having a sustainable farm, but I need a lot of other like-minded people to join with me because it's too much work for one! I'm hoping my brother Kevin (who would be an awesome farmer--actually, he kind of is already) decides he wants to do this for a living and will let me have a small part in it.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Stef. That story from Nevada was amazing. Are you hunting down a piece of land for us all?

    ReplyDelete