Friday, November 18, 2011

See Fish Finish!

by candace

I am not known for finishing projects...not one of my talents. I have lived in my home for 2.5 years and I can finally say that it is FINISHED!! This summer I got a serious itch to get it done so we started by getting rid of the tan walls and tan ceilings (that were the same tan as the carpet and the tile!). I have organized and accessorized and I'm declaring it finished! It's quite liberating.

Our style is more modern than anything and what I have found: modern is hard on a budget! But we've managed and this is what we have come up with. Here is our master bedroom.






And because I appreciated when I found helpful hints, I'll fill you in on where I purchased some things:
Bed, dresser, black chairs, side table, office desk, zig-zag shelf: IKEA
Art: Z Gallerie and World Market
Flowers on the wall: Chiasso
Rug and pillows: CB2 (my favorite place!)
Blown glass sculptures: Pier 1
Chrome floor lamp: Z Gallerie
Big mirror: Home Goods
Curtains: my friend Sally made them. Check out her awesome blog: http://abodecasahome.blogspot.com/

Stay tuned...the next few Fridays will reveal other rooms in the house!

3 comments:

  1. You are in straight maniac mode with all you are accomplishing! And G is still happy when I see him on Skype. Way to go! Very cute. Love the punch of the curtains! Friday, Friday, I just can't wait 'til Friday. Friday, Friday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It looks awesome. Hope big D is happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the curtains. Those photos look like something out of a magazine. The way the colors come together is so pleasing. And what do you mean you don't finish projects--you're great at it!

    ReplyDelete