Wednesday, November 2, 2011

SEE FISH BUILD IMMUNE SYSTEM

by Stefanie

This is the time of year people think about fortifying their immune system for the upcoming "cold and flu season." I don't know why we don't think about it all year long since our state of health--short and long term--depends on it every day. . .But anyway, I've recently had people asking me for my immune brew, so I thought I would share how to make it. I can't take credit for it; I learned it from my cute friend Phyllis, who is a master herbalist. Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped ginger root
1/3- 1/2 chopped garlic
1 tsp. or more of cayenne pepper
3 quarts of apple cider vinegar (with the "mother" in it !)
Put above ingredients in a glass container and let sit for 10 days in a dark place, shaking it up occasionally. At the end of ten days, strain off chunks. Take a tablespoon a day for an adult and a teaspoon a day for a child to enhance immune system.

Now here are my tips: Since I rarely have on hand a glass container that holds three quarts, I take the gallon jug of vinegar that I bought--I buy the Bragg kind--and pour off a quart. Then I shove all my onions, garlic, ginger, and cayenne into the jug. After ten days I pour it through a strainer into quart jars. I use plastic lids (like from a store-bought mayo jar) because the vinegar will corrode a metal lid.

There are all kinds of claims about apple cider vinegar and what it can heal, fix, and cure. You will have to sort out what is true for you. This tonic has worked for my family. The minute my kids complain of a cold, sore throat, or cough, I tell them to go gargle this vinegar tonic and swallow it. It really kicks sickness fast if you have caught it in its initial onset.

Most of the time we avoid colds, coughs, flu, etc. by taking this tonic daily as well as astragalus. Astragalus is a Chinese tonic herb that supports immune function. These are two easy things that taken consistently can help you avoid sickness or fight it off quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment