Sunday, November 13, 2011

EGGS!

Greg came in late last night more giddy than I have ever seen him. He proclaimed "I have great news. We have eggs." I felt my heart leap - which is not something I normally experience. Seriously it felt like sharing you were expecting or engaged. So this morning I got all the kids out of bed and took them out to the coop where we discovered two little brown eggs. The kids were so excited and I had to rush them around all morning to get them to church on time. I even took one to church to use as a prop for my lesson. Today's meeting was about hope and I told the kids how I had faith and hope for so long that the hens would begin to lay. It is so fun to see this amazing process. I have been babying the eggs and trying to be so gentle. I am sure that the pictures below cannot do their beauty justice. I am also sure that this was not the intended use of the Tiffany candy bowl my mom gave me 10 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, chickies!!! Cute boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even a year+ later, I love to walk into the coop and see eggs in the lay boxes. And now the eggs are so much bigger!

    ReplyDelete